Do you ever buy too many bananas and end up throwing some away because they get mushy and brown? Make banana bread instead of throwing them away! Mushy bananas actually make the best banana bread, and they’re a good carb-filled snack for after a hard workout! Here is the perfect recipe:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup sugar (add more or less depending on how sweet you want)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar). Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a large bowl. After mashing, mix in the egg and oil/applesauce.
- Fold the dry mixture into the banana mixture a little at a time until fully mixed in.
- Mix in chocolate chips to the mix
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour in the batter
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let the bread cool, then enjoy with some milk!
Other Athlete-Tested recipes you might like:
Breakfast for Athletes on the Go: Kale, Apple, and Carrot Smoothie
Athlete-Approved Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Protein Bar
Dorm-Friendly Protein Yogurt Bowl
Dorm-Friendly Scrambled Eggs
Dorm-Friendly Protein Oatmeal
Athlete-Tested Protein Smoothie