Dining halls are not usually open early enough for athletes to grab breakfast before our morning practice or lift. And, waking up for practice is hard enough without adding extra time to make a fancy breakfast. With this dorm-friendly recipe, you can get the feeling of a fancy breakfast in a fraction of the time, without leaving your dorm!
This scrambled eggs recipe is not only dorm-friendly (yes, you heard me!), but also protein-rich, and Division I athlete-approved:
- 1-3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional: shredded cheese
- Optional: hot sauce
- Any other toppings you’d usually add: veggies, bacon bits
As a freshman, I was shocked to learn that scrambled eggs can be easily made in the microwave!
- Crack as many eggs as you desire into a microwave-safe mug or bowl (add any veggies or bacon bits) and mix them up with a fork.
- Microwave for about 30-45 seconds, then take it out of the microwave.
- Stir the mix and place back in the microwave for 30 second increments, repeating the same mixing patterns until fully cooked.
- Feel free to add shredded cheese and/or hot sauce on top when cooked!