Constantly on the go, skipping breakfast often, not getting enough protein in? Yep, me too. With our busy schedules and long hours, many student-athletes find themselves hungry with no time to cook. If this sounds like you, we’ve got you covered. With fall in full effect (hello pumpkin spice!), this “pumpkin pie protein bar” recipe is sure to get you through the season. And, it’s easy to make ahead of time and eat throughout the week!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 ½ scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey/agave/maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and choice of sweetener in a bowl.
- Once combined smoothly, add oat flour, almond flour, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Make sure to add all dry ingredients slowly and gradually so that the mixture combines well.
- The mixture should be thick and moldable. Pour into a baking pan and spread evenly in a 1.5 inch layer.
- Refrigerate for 1.5 hours or until it has hardened. Cut into rectangles once the mixture is set and enjoy!
Other Athlete-Approved Recipes:
Dorm-Friendly Protein Oatmeal
Breakfast for Athletes on the Go: Kale, Apple, and Carrot Smoothie